Dr. Vijay Dikshit
Dr. Vijay Dikshit
MBBS , M.S. (Surgery), M.Ch (Thoracic Surgery)
Speciality: Cardio Thoracic Surgery
at Apollo Hospitals
Areas of Specialization
• Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
• Open Heart Operations which include - Coronary Bypass Surgeries
• Heart Valve Surgeries including Valve Replacements & Valve Repair Operations
• Correction of Congenital Cardiac Defects
• Miscellaneous Cardiac Operations like Cardiac tumors, etc
Awards and Recognitions
• FIE National Award in 1994 from Dr. Man Mohan Singh
• Ramakrishna Mission - for dedicated service to humanity
• Felicitated by Medtronic Inc. USA for achieving 5000 Open Heart Surgeries in year 2000
• Felicitated by Apollo Hospitals Chairman Dr. Pratap C Reddy for performing 10000 Open Heart surgeries at Apollo Group
• The experience of independently performing over 8000 Open Heart Operations together with the experience of over 6000 Open Heart Operations in association with Dr. Girinath at Apollo Hospitals, Madras gives him one of the largest experiences in Open Heart Surgery in India
• 1991 - 1993 performed 362 Consecutive Coronary Bypass Surgeries without any mortality or serious complication. A record performance of that time.
• Has the experience of highest number of Mitral Valve Replacement Operation with Complete Chordal Preservation & Artificial Chordal Reconstruction. This is one of the latest techniques of Mitral Valve surgery. Presented this work in the Annual Conference of Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgery held at Madras in February 2002.
• Performed first time in South India, the operation of Thoracoscopic Closure of Patient Ductus Arteriosus, on a six year old male child in 1996.
• One of the first users and now has the largest experience in using Stentless Bioprosthetic Valve Replacement Surgery for Aortic Valve disease in India. This is the state of the art Tissue Heart Valve not yet commonly used in India in other Cardiac surgery centres.
• Successfully performed an Emergency Cardiac Surgery on a 2 days old infant, suffering from severe complex Congenital Heart Disease. The child had the second corrective surgery at the age of 8 months and again at the age of 4 years for complete cardiac correction.