Dr. Sanjay Gupta
Dr. Sanjay Gupta
Departments: Cardiothoracic Surgery
• Dr. Sanjay Gupta is currently a Principal Consultant, Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery at Fortis Escort Heart Institute Okhla New Delhi and at Fortis flt Lt Rajan Dhall Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.
• He passed his MBBS (1986) and MS General Surgery (1991) from MLN Medical College, Allahabad, UP.
• Subsequently he did his M.Ch. (Cardiovascular and thoracic surgery) from K.G's Medical College, Lucknow UP in 1994.
• He worked at Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre, New Delhi for eight years in the capacity of consultant cardiac surgeon under the great leadership of Dr. T.S. Mahant and played an important role in spearheading the programme of Cardiac Surgery to great height.
• In 2003, he joined Narinder Mohan Hospital & Heart Centre, Mohan Nagar, Ghaziabad (UP) as H.O.D. and Chief Cardio-vascular and thoracic surgeon.
• He performed more than 500 surgeries over there, pertaining to all subspecialities of branch (viz coronary, congenital heart surgery, valvular heart surgery, all vascular and thoracic surgery).
• Subsequently he associated with Fortis Hospital, Noida, UP in later half of 2005, when hospital started its cardiac surgery programme.
• During his present appointment he was instrumental in the designing and commissioning of cardiac surgery department at Fortis Hospital, VasantKunj New Delhi .
• He was a key figure in launching the cardiac surgery programme at Fortis Hospital NOIDA ( 2005 ) , Fortis Hospital , Vasantkunj ( 2006 ) and Saraswati Heart Centre , Allahabad,UP ( 2007 )
• Presently he is performing surgeries not only at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute ,Okhla & Fortis Hospital , Vasantkunj but also at related Hospitals and peripheral centres at Allahabad & GNRC Gauhati.
• He has done more than 5000 cardiac surgeries - more than 3500 CABG and other cardiac surgeries as MVR, AVR, DVR, Intra cardiac repair (for ASD, VSD , TOF etc.), pericardiectomy, PDA ligation, BT shunt, Glen’s shunt, aneurysm surgery etc. He has also done lots of vascular surgery. Now he is focusing mainly on Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj , New Delhi .
• Presently he is doing more than 50% cardiac surgeries with out any blood transfusion .
• He has developed expertise in performing cardiac surgery in renal dysfunction and chronic renal failure patient with near 0% mortality rate .He is performing nearly 100 % CABGs on beating heart only with out any conversion rate .
• He also has developed expertise in doing CABG in patients of Acute MI and cardiogenic shock .
• He was honoured by awarding the fellowship of Indian Association of Cardio vascular & Thoracic Surgeons in 2007 .